Wednesday 22 July 2009

not on the high street and nautical

I don't know whether its a weekend by the sea scoffing fish and chips (and wishing I had the body of a teenager to squeeze into those lovely little jack wills shorts!!) Or whether it is the fact that it is manic photoshoot time of year again and I am doing boys room designs, but I have come over all nautical


My paper boats wallpaper panel is finished and a co-ordinating fabric is now in production.


and the stars and semaphores are done and made into big sqaushy cushions ready for the camera.
Anyway with all this seasidiness happening I came across alovely new blog.
I found Kirsty's lovely blog sixty one a (great name) via another lovely coastal inspired blog called cloudfishing .
which makes me yearn to be beside the sea.

Anyway Kirsty ordered some samples of my fabrics and we had a quick email chat, and it turns out that her not on the high street shop has also just gone live. Anyway I got to thinking that her fabulous driftwood boats would look just amazing in the photography for my new boys paper boats, stars and semaphore fabric .
perfect for anyone with any kind of nautical leaning.



Kirsty also sells her fabulous wares on folksy
which is another great shopping opportunity for the lovers of all things handmade.

So if you are looking for a nautical decorating theme this summer look no further!! Everyone can have a little bit of beach house chic......................

5 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah, great post - your wallpaper and cushions are just beautiful and Kirsty's products are fanbloodytastic. Slightly biased - she is my sister! Will return often x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the blue star fabric , if & when i get round to the boys rooms that's going somewhere !! love claire p. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a big smile on my face reading this and I can't wait to see what Kirsty will do with your fabric. I'm sure whatever she does that it will look wonderful.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I do love a bit of nautical..
    Congratulations for being at Not on the High Street.. It was lovely to discover your fab products on the site when I logged on just now..

    Beautiful boats and fabric.

    Michele x

    ReplyDelete