Friday 18 September 2009

Glorious Goodwood


In fact that's not quite true, the weather is glorious and we're off to Goodwood for the weekend, but not for the horse racing, but the cars. It's the Revival weekend and it has been a much awaited event in the Pope household. You don't have to be a petrol head to enjoy a bit of classic car racing and lots of vintage goodies. They go all out to create a great, period atmosphere and I've had great fun over the last few weeks gathering old bits of clothing for our costumes. Meanwhile Hubby has hired himself an old RAF outfit for the weekend, much to the amusement of the children. During my search I came across this link to loads of vintage shops, mainly in London and the South East, some with websites - do take a look.

And, for a bit of a Friday afternoon pick-me-up click on the link above, make sure your volume is on. As I said, it's not just about the cars!

3 comments:

  1. I bet you looked so lovely, judging by the pretty selection above.

    hope you had a fabulous time.

    jeska

    ReplyDelete