Monday 6 June 2011

get a grip!

You know how sometimes you see something and you can't bring yourself to buy it because you think you could make it yourself but then you never do, and you end up kicking yourself for not just buying it in the first place. That's how it usually works for me, but this time I did manage to make it.

I bumped into a friend in the supermarket and her little girl had some fab fabric flower hair clips in, so while I chatted to the mum I also scrutinised the clips and I when I got home I promptly had a go at making some of my own. They were so simple to make. I literally did a running stitch along a strip of fabric and pulled it tight to create the main flower, then added the button for the centre.

And my little girl was as thrilled with the result as I was!

No comments:

Post a Comment